The One Academy leads world-class learning in an industry-driven campus environment where aspiring designers experience real-world practice in creativity.


Immigration Guideline

Immigration Guideline

Welcome to Malaysia

In line with Malaysia’s aspiration to become a Centre of Educational Excellence, the Immigration authorities have instituted hassle-free entry procedures to welcome international students to study in Malaysia.

Entry into Malaysia

You will need to obtain an approval letter from the Malaysia Immigration Department prior to entering the country.

We will apply for the letter on your behalf and welcome you at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) upon your arrival we will then assist you process the stamping of the student pass after your arrival.

However, if you are already in Malaysia with a Social Visit Pass, you are eligible to obtain a Student Pass (subject to Malaysia Immigration approval) within 1-month from the date of entering Malaysia (applicable to Commonwealth Countries nationality only).

If you are not from a Commonwealth Country and enter Malaysia prior to obtaining a Student Pass, you will be charged a processing fee by the Immigration Department to convert your Social Visit Pass to a Student Pass.

It is advisable to remain in your home country until your Student Pass application is approved.

Things to Bring

To apply for a Student Pass you must have the following documents ready:

  • Acceptance letter from The One Academy
  • 2-copies of all information (stamped pages) of the valid passport
  • 2 recent passport-sized photographs
  • A Personal Bond deposit (ranging from RM100 – RM2000 depending on your home country).

Dependent Pass

If you are a Dependent Pass holder, you will need to give up your Dependent Pass to obtain a Student Pass to study in Malaysia as no one is allowed to hold two passes at any one time. We will apply for this on your behalf.


Student Visa Payment

The Malaysian Immigration Department charges all students a fee of RM60 per year for student passes. Additionally, students who come from countries where entry visas into Malaysia are required will need to pay for an entry visa in Malaysia.

The fees for entry visas vary – please check with the Malaysian Embassy in your home country for more information. Any additional charges incurred will be as charged.


Employment policies

As an international student you shall not engage in any form of employment or in any business, profession or occupation while studying at the academy.

International Students caught working in Malaysia are liable to be fined RM10,000 or jailed a minimum of 6 months.



Students are required to take up medical insurance to protect and insure their stay in Malaysia.

Unless it is proven that other similar insurance coverage has been obtained for the period during the student’s course, we have arranged the Students’ Hospitalisation and Surgical Benefits for all and it is valid for a period of 1 year from the commencement date of the 1st semester.

This health plan acts as a medical insurance at the most important times when a student requires it.


temporary withdrawal

If your 3-year full-time study with us is interrupted by personal reasons, causing you to return to your country for a period of time, you will have to inform us to terminate your Student Pass.

Upon your return to The One Academy, you are required to re-apply for your Student Visa and other necessary immigration documentations for re-entering Malaysia.

We will look into the necessary procedures and documentation on your behalf. You will be advised on additional fees that cover reapplication of the Student Pass, processing and documentation fees charged by the relevant Malaysian authorities.



It is your responsibility to check the expiry date of your passport and have it extended at least 6 months before it expires.

Please seek for advice through our international student officer if you need any kind of help concerning your passport or immigration matters including loss of passport.

Alternatively, you may personally contact the Immigration authorities at:

Pejabat Imigresen Malaysia
(Malaysian Immigration Department)
4th Floor, Block 1, Pusat Bandar Damansara
50550 Kuala Lumpur

Tel: + 603 250 5695
Fax: + 603 252 4911


termination of study

International students must be full-time students and are only allowed to study at one private institution at any one time.

If you intend to terminate your studies, you must surrender your Student Pass to the Malaysian Immigration Department for cancellation. We will assist you on this.